Sunday, 28 December 2014
Helloooo pretty people!
This will probably be the last post I do this year. Sad I know. But don't worry, after my exams, I will deffo' post more 'coz I know I've been kinda invisible but that's due to my stressful exams which are stressing me out and just thinking about it is stressing me out even more and EURGH, just stress.
Okay, let's breathe.
I thought I'd end this year with my 2014 favourites. A girl on my Instagram suggested this idea like how YouTubers do montly favourites, why not do 2014 favourites?! I thought it was a pretty cool idea, It got me thinking that even though I don't have YouTube yet (I say yet because I plan to in the future as people keep telling me to make one and it's been something that I really want to do) I will start doing monthly favourites on here so you guys can see what I have been loving that month and it won't just be make-up related, it'll be anything and everything! :) Anyway, I've rambled on too much...as usual...onto my favourites now...
1. Ananstasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit: I got this contour kit in September and I have been absolutely loving it. It is my favourite contour weapon. Like ever. And you can see I haven't hit pan on any of the shades yet 'coz I always use my products sparingly and I don't use it everyday if I'm not going for a contoured look. But the shades are perfect for my skin tone to contour with! I use 'Banana' pretty much every day under my eyes to highlight and set my powder with and also the highlighting powder 'Sand' which is stunning! Deffo will be using this next year, one of the best products of this year!
2. Revlon Color Stay Foundation: I was on the hunt for my holygrail foundation as I got a bit bored of the Maybelline Better Skin Foundation and I had read good reviews on this one. So I went and brought it and fell in love with it the next day I used it! The coverage is perfect, I'd say it's medium-full coverage depending on how much you use. I use literally one small blob and that does it for me as I don't like too many layers. It covers some of my imperfections and just makes your skin look flawless. I got the one for combination/oily skin as I am dry but get slightly oily in my t-zone. I need to touch up during the day but only on my t-zone. Still not found one foundation which keeps your skin matte all day. I will find you.
3. Rimmel GlamEyes Mascara: Okay I was totally stuck in choosing my favourite mascara. It was between Benefit's They're Real and Rimmel GlamEyes but I went for Rimmel because I've been using it for longer and it's just become my holygrail. I'm not into expensive mascaras (The benefit one is a sample size one) as I feel like I don't need them 'coz I've been blessed with long eyelashes so I just need a mascara that just doesn't make them look clumpy or spider-like. That ain't ma' thang. It's got a slim bristle kind of brush that individually separates the lashes too which I love!
4. Mac Pro Longwear Concealer: When I was on the hunt for my holygrail foundation, I was also on the hunt for my holygrail concealer. And I heard and read so so many good things about this concealer and before buying the full product, I got a sample from the Mac counter. This by far is the best concealer I have used. The coverage and consistency is perfect. The liquid consistency makes it easier for me to blend out with either my fingers, sponge or a brush. Somedays when I don't wanna wear a full face of make up, I just dab a small amount of this on my fingers and conceal any imperfections on my face and I am good to go. And even though I don't have any serious issues with my under eyes, this is perfect in brightening them! A small amount goes a long way for this concealer, just wish the pump was a little looser...it's too...stiff, and when I try to pump it slowly to take only a small amount out, it refuses to come out. So I have to pump it hard and then it just splodges out.
5. Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter (Bright Forecast): This is perfect for under the eyes or on the usual places of highligting (top of the cheekbones, chin, forehead and bridge of the nose) to highlight! It instantly brightens you up and the peachy tones help to cancel out any darkness. I didn't want to get Light Boost as I felt that was wayyyy too light for me and I'm not really into the stark white highlight.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette - I already did a full review on this a couple of posts before! But this has been my one true love in the fall and winter, the colours are simply stunning to create either simple and natural or elegant and glam looks. One of my faves.
7. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil and Sleek Brow Kit - I couldn't pick one out of these because I use both products for my brows! I used to just use the Sleek brow kit until I wanted to try a pencil and I found the Rimmel one. Both are my absolute favourites for my brows, I don't like spending too much money on brow products but these are perfect and drugstore too!
8. Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Create - I got this for my birthday this year and I have to say it is an absolutely stunning blush. The colour is perfect for fall and winter, it just gives you that perfect bronzed glow and instantly adds colour back into your skin! It definitely gives your a healthy look, I am in love!
9. MUA Blusher in Candyfloss - All the blushes that I had were slightly too pink so I went on a hunt for one that was a more dusty rose colour (if that even is a colour). I saw this MUA one and I loved the colour, it looked so pretty! And it was only £1! I use it for everyday looks and it just gives me the perfect amount of colour without my cheeks being too pink...if that makes sense. It's not shimmery which I'm not too keen on but because I use so little, you can hardly tell. Still searching for the perfect matte blush.
10. Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze - I also did a review on this a few posts back, it was in my favourite highlighters! I love love loveeee this! It's a dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick and I literally use this every day! It gives me the most beautiful glow without any chunky pieces of glitter. I'd love to invest in the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick to compare with but for now, this is my all time favourite.
11. Mac Satin Lipstick in Faux - If you asked me last year what my favourite nude lipstick is, I would have told you I don't like nude, I don't wear nude and I just don't do nude. But this year, I picked up two nude shades from Mac. One was Cherish and one was Faux. Cherish is a more browny nude whereas Faux is a pinky nude. I decided that pinky nudes rule more. Faux has been my go-to lipstick since the day I brought it. The colour is just so perfect and perfect for my skin tone, I can't describe it. It's not matte, it's a satin finish which is fine for me because it makes your lips look slightly plumper. It goes with literally everything. If I'm stuck on what lip colour to go for, Faux always calls me and Faux wins the day.
12. Mac Lipliner in Spice - This lipliner paired with Faux is the most perfect, most beautiful combination ever. Both products are my favourite weapons for the perfect nude lip. Even wearing this on it's own looks so pretty. You can even just outline your lips with this and leave the rest of your lips bare and you're good to go. My favourite nude lipliner.
13. Mac Matte Lipstick in Heroine - Probably one of the most beautiful shades known to the make up world. Just the blue undertones to this purple lipstick and it's matte finish makes this the perfect purple lipstick ever. Well to me anyway. I haven't come across a shade like this. Paired with blue or black, this looks stunning! I've been looking for a blue-undertoned purple lipstick and I found this one and it became my life.
14. Collection Lip Definer in Damson - I was looking for lipliners for my best friend's birthday and I stumbled across this one 'coz she loves burgundy shades. I swatched this on the back of my hand and I fell in love. The pigmentation in this lipliner, bare in mind this is a drugstore product, is amazing. It glides on so easily and smoothly. You don't even have to go over with this liner a couple of times, I'd say once is enough, that's how pigmented it is. A must have for fall.
15. Max Factor Lipstick in Burnt Caramel - A review was also done on this in my nude lipsticks post! I picked this up when I was on the hunt for the perfect nude shade and this also fell in my good books. It's so creamy, glides on so smoothly and it looks perfect on my skin. It's a universal shade and I think it'd look great on all skin tones!
16. Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in Fandango Purple - Another purple favourite of mine but this is more of a pinky-purple but is so gorgeous! It glides on as a liquid but dries matte and it stays put for most of the day! It is slightly drying during the day but not that intensely drying where it becomes irritable. Loveeee.
17. Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Berry Much - This has been my go-to dark lip saviour during the fall and winter. These are soooo long-wearing, so smooth to apply and although they aren't completely matte, I feel like that's a good thing because some matte products can be quite drying on the lips but these aren't. I loveddd this shade, it is perfect for the fall! And totes' inexpensive too! WINNING.
18. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal - I used to use white eyeliner until I discovered this and for 95% of this year's fall and winter, I've been using this. It just instantly makes you look more alive and awake and not to mention how beautifully it glides onto your water line without feeling harsh! Deffo my favourite eyeliner!
Feel like I've just written a book up there. But yeah, they're all my favourites of the year guys, hope you enjoyed the read!
Hope you all have an amazing New Year and I hope it brings you more love, happiness and success! ♥
Love you! x
Tuesday, 16 December 2014
Dress: Primark. Leggings: Select. Watch: Michael Kors. Earrings: Primark. Boots: Location unknown but it's like similar to Varaani, sorry guys, my best friend brought me them for my birthday.
I thought my birthday outfit would be the best outfit to do right now seen as it's recent ^^ my birthday was last Sunday where I hit 20, no more teen years! Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
I didn't wanna do anything big for this birthday so me and my best friend just went to a buffet in Manchester called Peachy Keens and it was soooo nice! We both loved the food there, there were so many varieties! And then after, because she hadn't tried the waffles from the Christmas Markets, we got some waffles! And they're probably the best waffles we've had. But the weather. No the weather, it was just...horrendous. I had straightened my hair and put so much effort into my make up that it had to rain on my birthday. During the day, my hair was just going frizzy :( and it was making me so mad 'coz I wanted my pictures to come out nice! The first picture was took at the end of the day but before we went out in the crazy rain where we were basically being showered! And the one above was took before we went to eat but my hair has still lost it's straight-ness. Sad times.
The dress I wore is one of my favourite dresses. I love black dresses and I love the style of this one, it looks like a crop top and a leather skirt but it's in one! And plus, it was only...wait for it...£5!!! Yes! I know I couldn't believe it either! The one my best friend wore was also £7, so we both picked up bargains. WINNING.
Me and my best friend have this thing where we plan to go out and we wanna take pictures, we wear our flats but bring our heels with us hahahaha! So I took these beauties with me who were gifted to me by her for my birthday last year :) they are hella huge. But so beautiful. I love the edginess they gave my outfit with the spikes and studs.
And I went for the Kim K look this year, smokey eyes, nude lips and straight hair...well straight hair for 2 hours.
Enjoy the read guys, sorry for going all invisible, still on revision duty so bare with me! x