Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Stila One Step Correct Primer - Review


A primer is a seen as an essential base to prep the skin before the foundation and for the foundation to  sit on and last longer on the skin. Some may not use primers as they may not deem it to be an important step in their make-up routine. I know I never used to wear primers, not until I started uni and I had the money to buy one! But at that time, make up hadn't become a big big thing for me as it is now and back then I just used to slap my foundation on, flick on my uneven eyeliner and walk out with my brows looking sad. (inside joke guys...)
I've used a couple of primers, from Bourjois, Laura Mercier, L'Oreal, etc. This Stila One Step Correct Primer I came across when Danielle who works at Stila was doing my make up and when she used this primer, it made my face look so bright and it basically just looked like a blank canvas. 

The description on the packaging is as follows:

"Swirl your way to perfect skin in one step!
This innovative triple-swirled helix serum instantly color corrects, brightens, primes and nourishes the skin. One step correct immediately improves skin tone tone, evens out your complexion and helps smooth fine lines. 
Green - minimizes redness
Lavender - counteracts sallow undertones
Peach - brightens, illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of sun spots

Diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles
Minimizes pores
Hydrates and balances
Controls oil"

There's a whole range of primers that can be purchased and they all differ in textures, for certain skin types, what they do, etc. The Stila one is a colour correcting primer. As you can see in the bottle, it's (described at the back of the bottle, my way of describing this would be a total fail) a "triple-swirled helix serum" made up of three different colours; green, peach and lavender. Each have their own job; the green cancelling out redness, the lavender eliminates any unwanted yellow undertones in the skin and adds a beautiful glow to the face and peach diminishes any areas of darkness/deep discolouration and brightens the area. 

The packaging is quite simple, it's a plastic cylinder container which comes with a pump which is great as you can control how much you product you want. And the bottle is see through so you can see what the product looks like and what colour correctors are in the product. It somewhat resembles coloured pasta...




I apply this after I have applied my moisturiser as you always need to prep the skin with moisturiser, no matter what skin type you are. The consistency of this is a serum, it's quite smooth on the smooth and glides on easily and the blends well into the skin. As you can see from the pictures above, when mixed together, all three colours become this really off-white colour with a tint of green. It probably looks a bit scary at first, especially on slightly darker skintones like mine but if you can see when the primer is blended in, it doesn't leave behind a stark white mask. It basically just brightens up your face.

On my face, I don't have a lot of redness, only little bits on my nose and my cheek but it's nothing major so one thing for me is that I couldn't see the green minimising the redness as I don't have a lot of it. It would be interesting to see how it would correct on people with more redness in their skin. However, if I have any "fresh" spots and they have any redness, it does help to conceal that and look less red. I don't have any unwanted yellow undertones either so the lavender colour corrector wasn't much of a use. The peach corrector is one that I need as I have a couple of spot scars on my cheek and peach is the corrector that cancels out the darkness and I can say it does the job of doing that but not majorly. Is that even a word?
It's extremely hydrating so I would say it is great for those with dry skin but as it says it controls oil, it can be for those with more of a combination skin I'd say, not fully oily. As those with oily skin may feel like they look too greasy. I do find this to control oil in skin, mostly in my t-zone as that's where I get slightly more oily.

However, thankfully I don't really have wrinkles and fine lines and one of the jobs of this primer is to diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Again, I didn't see this and maybe those that do have wrinkles and fine lines may want to try this to see the difference. It does look to minimise my pores but I've been using quite a few products such as my toner, my Glam Glow mask and my clay mask that do help in minimising pores so I'm unsure if it is the primer as my pores are much more minimised.

All in all, this primer is great! Apart from spot scars that are still in the process of being vanished, I don't have much discolouration in my face for this to show a hugeeee difference. But, it certainly hydrates, brightens up my face and leaves a glowing, blank canvas to work on. I think it is worth its money of £24 (which I think is a tad bit dear but I think all high-end products are dear but some are definitely worth it), I haven't experienced any breakouts with this primer either guys.

Hope you enjoyed the review guys! I'm gonna be doing more reviews soon, think the Stila Stay All Day foundation is next on the list!

Just wanna say how I love Stila products, like this is my honest opinion. I feel like they're a bit underrated, their products are of great quality and worth the money, better than some of the products that are hyped about way too much! If you travel around Manchester, they do Stila in Harvey Nichols, the ladies who work there, Danielle and Danielle are so helpful as well! So lovely and welcoming! :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment